The Event – What is it?
• The 2017 Mulan Awards ceremony and Reception to recognise and honour the achievements and success of Chinese women in the UK and elsewhere
• This Annual event for the Charity is hosted by the Chairman, Mei Sim Lai OBE DL and the Trustees of Mulan Foundation Network
• It is an excellent networking opportunity for all attendees
Where, When, and Format
• Monday 11 December 2017 at 6.30pm for 7pm to 10pm
• The Oriental Club, Stratford House, 11 Stratford Place, London W1C 1ES
(Founded by the 1st Duke of Wellington who was the First and only President of the Club from 1824 to 1852, the Club is centrally located just 2 minutes in front of Bond Street tube. Mulan Chairman Mei Sim Lai OBE DL who is on the Committee of the Club looks forward to welcoming you to it.)
• A Drinks, Canapes & Bowl food Reception.
(An opportunity to try the new Mulan Cocktail and Mocktail special created for the event)
• Presentation of the Awards with Speeches
• Charity Auction and Raffle in aid of the Charity
• Musical Entertainment during the evening to be provided by highly talented Chinese musicians
• Dress Code: Black Tie or National Dress
Who is attending
• Mulan Trustees, Mulan Ambassadors and Chinese and other VIP guests
• Attendees include
• the Awards finalists and past winners
• successful and top Chinese women in business, the professions and other fields
• young Chinese professionals in London
• representatives of China related business groups in the UK
• influential senior men and women executives from companies in the UK and internationally that employ Chinese women and have business dealings with China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and other countries.
About Mulan Foundation Network
This event is in aid of Mulan Foundation Network, a company limited by guarantee and charity registered on 15 May 2012. It was formally launched in the House of Lords on 31 October 2013. Mulan aims to recognise and honour the achievements of Chinese women in the UK and elsewhere through Annual Awards and in the process build up a global network of top and successful Chinese women and young Chinese women on the way up for networking, mentoring and to support each other as well as contribute to the wider community. For far too long Chinese women have generally kept a low profile but Mulan aims to address this issue by encouraging Chinese women to use their talents and skills to help others and play a bigger role in the wider Community.
Trustees of the charity are
Mei Sim Lai OBE DL (Chairman), Lady (Katy) Tse Blair MBE, Luise Schafer OBE, MeeLing Ng OBE, Theresa Booth Sharon Lai, Sonny Leong CBE. Honorary Treasurer: Yudong Gao
Our Ambassadors are
Sir David Brewer KG CMG, CVO JP, Grace Bian, Datuk Alexandra F L Chin, Lord Tim Clement-Jones CBE, Paul Devlin, Sir Thomas Harris KBE CMG, Lui Hui, Col Brian Kay OBE TD DL, Helen Wang. Alderman Sir David Wootton